Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I saw that commercial, too. It looks like it might work if you really kept up with it, but my couches are now about 40 percent fabric and 60 percent hair.

Still, I might try them. Chauncy is blowing her coat and it's like living in a hair storm.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I've been getting away easy with Diesel - he just does not have all that much coat. The puppy on the other hand is going to easily make up for him - the little dude drips with coat!

I may have to try the Pledge product soon.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
...Has anyone tried it or anything similar?...
Guilty :eek:. I'm actually on my second one. I wouldn't say they work as good as the commercial says, but they do a decent job. My biggest problem is having a hard time getting a good grip on it. BUT, I'm not the world's most co-ordinated person, and I do have trouble getting a good grip on certain sized/shaped things.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I'm thinking of trying one of them for my car. I live in an apartment, so it's not that easy to use my own vacuum for my car and I don't like the ones at the car-cleaning places. They don't work so well!
The only problem I've had using mine in my truck is that they don't get into small spaces very well (a little duct tape takes care of that, tho). Plus the fact that I just took the seat covers off, so I'm still working on the 8 years worth of dog hair that worked its way through the covers and into the velour seats. LOL

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
LOL of course they would use a lab in the commercial!

I haven't used it, might get it to try on the edge of the sofas. Jake's not allowed up on furniture so usually we just lint roll the stray lab fur that somehow finds its way up onto the couches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It works great at first, but after using it for awhile I found that it doesn't work as well. My rollers kept getting stuck together after frequent use. Also, once it's full of hair you have to buy another, there's no replacing certain parts. It is good for in between vaccuums, but for cars it's not going to be all that great unless the surface is flat. So getting all the curves and corners of seats in a car will be difficult.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
*raises hand*
I LOVE IT!!! We have a big sectional couch that gets abused by 3 large dogs everyday. It takes me about 1/2 hour to vaccuum it every Saturday, and even that doesn't get all the hair. I bought one of these Pledge Fabric Sweeper and was very happy with it. It takes me about 5 minutes now to clean the whole couch, and it gets way more hair than the vaccuum did. I think because it easily grabs the imbedded hairs, whereas the vaccuum didn't.

The downside, like someone said, it's disposable. Once the thing fills with hair you have to toss is and buy another one. The one I have now has done the whole couch about 4 times and it's just about full. I have a back-up though. :) OH! You get a coupon in the package for the next one, it's $1 off.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
but my couches are now about 40 percent fabric and 60 percent hair.
I love reading things like that.. doesn't make me feel as bad for being in the same situation.

Koda is shedding now.. tuck hasn't started.. i'm sure he will when she's done just to piss me off.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I have one. It is a bit awkward to use due to the shape of it.

For quick touch-ups it works well, but definitely not for full on cleaning. For that stick with the vacuum cleaner.

Personally, I would not try it like the do in the commerical, so how I don't see it picking up that much hair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.