Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a pan of smoked sausage and onions on the stove last night and as I turned a piece of sausage, it splattered all over me. No exaggeration, from my neck to my knees, all over a skirt I just wore for the first time a couple weeks ago. The shirt had seen better days so I'm not too upset about it, but the skirt really upsets me.

I soaked it in the sink. Scrubbed the spots with detergent and Shout or something like it and then washed.... still there.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Not sure if this product is even still available but try borax or 20 Mule Team Borax. http://www.20muleteamlaundry.com/about

My sisters & I worked at Burger King in high school, so our work uniforms were inevitably splattered with oil & grease. Mom swore by borax to clean the stains & get rid of the stink.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oxy Clean! Mix per directions, let garment soak, then wash - putting the mixture in the washer.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
try using a toothbrush and scrub it with dawn dish detergent, let it set then wash it. my mom uses this all the time for grease stains.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I have read that the only thing that would get the oil off the sea birds after the Valdez oil spill was Dawn. Original, regular Dawn.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Several votes for Dawn. Will be buying some on my way home tonight. Crossing fingers - I want my skirt back!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've used the Shout gel and also Simple Green works.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Fels Naptha bar soap - run a corner (of the bar) under hot water and apply directly to the spot. I've never had anything work so well- even on spots that have been washed and dried.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Another vote for dish soap - I normally use Ivory, as it has been faithful to me over the years, but Dawn works too.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I use Lestoil! Gotta be quick about it, put a little on, rub it in and straight into the water otherwise it will bleach the color out. Gets oil out and tomato stains. I have been successful with it and dark colors.

I might try Dawn next time.......

·
Registered
10,664 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
try using a toothbrush and scrub it with dawn dish detergent, let it set then wash it. my mom uses this all the time for grease stains.
My husband pickes up oil for a living and let me tell you about stains! :eek: I do as jinks siad and it takes all the spots out.

FYI Dawn works on posion ivy as well, this time of year we will wash with Dawn if we have come in contact with PI. Works to cut the oil from the plant and you don't break out! :D

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I use Lestoil! Gotta be quick about it, put a little on, rub it in and straight into the water otherwise it will bleach the color out. Gets oil out and tomato stains. I have been successful with it and dark colors.

I might try Dawn next time.......
Another vote for Lestoil. I use it often to get tough stains out of clothes. Sometimes I do have to soak the clothes in a diluted mixture of it. But it works great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts