Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had playground duty yesterday. In my neighborhood there is a group of moms and dads who take turns watching all the kids at the playground after school. This way you can send your kids to the playground and know they are being supervised while you stay at home and relax. Anyways, it was my turn to watch the kids at the playground.

Shortly after I got there, I noticed one of Noah's friends who was sitting on a swing crying. I went over and asked him what was wrong.

"Mrs. Graves, I wish my dad would go away again." Thats a first. I asked him why.
"Because he came home (he was in Iraq) and now he hates me"

I swear that was the hardest I have ever had to choke back tears and stay strong.

I told him how his Dad was just confused.

Later on I walked him home so I could talk with his mom.

She told me how her husband came home and wanted nothing to do with his family. Apparently it has something to do with a woman co worker her husband spent time with over in Iraq. She also said she found out after one of her husbands nightmares that he had to kill someone "while very close to them" (distance wise).

Please keep this family in your prayers, and all the families who are going through something similar.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The outfall of war is sometimes closer than we think.

Prayers for this fellow and his family.

Edited to fix my poor grammer when I noticed it!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Prayers for the family and all the vetrans coming home and those who don't make it.

My cousin's husband also spent a year in Iraq (Bagdad) early in the war he too has come back totally different. He's an alcololic and refuses to get help. He's having trouble holding down a job and is destructive, breaking windows, car doors, etc. He is also very different toward my cousins daughter (he's not the father) he used to be great with her but now he is pretty rude to her. It's really sad. My cousin's been trying to leave him but has limited means with her part time job and supporting two kids. She just can't take it anymore he's been home since June of 2004 I think he was one of the first round to go over.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
:'(

They have my thoughts and prayers, as well as all of the other families of our soliders.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awww, poor kid. :'(

he told me how her husband came home and wanted nothing to do with his family. Apparently it has something to do with a woman co worker her husband spent time with over in Iraq.
So they split, obviously right? Don't tell me he wants nothing to do with his family and there's another woman involved and they're still together. :-\

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Very sad. Prayers for the family. Hope everything gets straightened out.

I feel sad for the son.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Oh gosh, that poor little boy. :( And that poor father. You know he doesn't want to feel like that. It's one of the effects of war, which I think a lot of ppl forget.

They'll be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Awww, poor kid. :'(

he told me how her husband came home and wanted nothing to do with his family. Apparently it has something to do with a woman co worker her husband spent time with over in Iraq.
So they split, obviously right? Don't tell me he wants nothing to do with his family and there's another woman involved and they're still together. :-\
Hopefully she'll give them a chance to work things out. Obviously the man is having a hard time right now. If he's willing to go to counseling and really try to straighten out it seems sad to me that his wife would leave him right away. Tearing a family apart is something I wouldn't do in a hurry. It's just a terrible situation, with extreme circumstances.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts