Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was diagnosed with cancer. He has a tumor on his right kidney and one on his vertebra. It is Renal Cell Carcinoma.
He will be having surgery to remove the one from his back on Friday. They are going to remove part of the vertebra, the bones around it and the disk above and below. They are going to replace it with either titanium or cadaver bone depending what the doctor thinks is best once he gets in there.
After he recovers from that surgery he will need to have either partial or the whole kidney removed. After that recovery he will get radiation, and possibly Chemo.
This was such a blow to us. We are trying to think positive.
I appreciate any good thoughts or prayers for Kenny.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Paula, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Prayers for you all, and that he makes a complete recovery.

xoxo

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Positive thoughts for your husband. Regarding the renal cell carcinoma, my father had it and my friend's husband was just diagnosed with it. My dad and my friend's husband were both told that chemo and radiation does not work on renal cell carcinoma, so I am a bit surprised that your husband's doctors are going this route. My friend's husband just underwent percutaneous cryoablation of his kidney for treatment of his renal cell carcinoma, but he had a small tumor. He will not need a nephrectomy.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
My Dad goes in for surgery on June 3 to have a nephrectomy (his entire left kidney removed) because of the tumor on his kidney. They will biopsy lymph nodes while they are in there. Such a small world. :(
Paula, Ken will be in my prayers....please keep us updated.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I'm so very sorry to read this. It must be absolutely terrifying to deal with.

Good thoughts for you all.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts