Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE

We have an uneventful night and he is feeling pretty much like himself seem like today. His poop is noticeably better, not where it should be, but we seem to be on the mend. I went to the groc store and Target a bit ago and when I put him in his crate he let me know in no uncertain terms he did not appreciate my leaving. He got over it tho..lol

I have to grind up his meds and mix with some yogurt or peanut butter tho. He has figured out how to spit the pills out so he is definitely on to me :)...I looked for a tablet crusher at Target and couldn't find one.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

When I left this morning all was fine with him. Then I get a message at school that the friend of mine who comes and lets him out at noon called and said he had a major case of dirrehea. I didn't get the message until 1:30 so I come home and oh yeah...it was bad...and not to sound too gross but really no firmness at all..I guess I have good friends because he cleaned it up and I have washed Tal's crate pad 2x.

I took him to the vet and the Dr. said he had a bug he probably picked up swimming...gave him a shot for better control and 2 prescriptions. He also gave me 3 days worth of prescription diet. They use Science Diet. Dr. said I could put him back on his normal kibble (IAMS LB puppy food) by Sunday or Monday if his stool starts to firm up like expected.

The vet also said to keep him calm for the next 24 hours especially. He said I can take him for walks, maybe play a 5 minute game of fetch
but wait until his stool firms up before letting him have normal activity. He said that should occur by Sunday.

Poor guy I think all this has just worn him out which is understandable. I just aged another 2 years today tho I think. I am just glad it is not any more serious that this...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Re: Please Hold a Good Thought and a Prayer for Tal

Poor Tal, I hope you feel better quickly! Bad bug!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks...I have just been outside with him a little and he seems fine. It has been a couple of hours since his last "poop" so the shot seems to be working.

I don't give him his first dose of his pills until bedtime.

·
Registered
302 Posts

i hope tal is ok

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

Hope Tal is all better real soon. Yep, they can scare the beejees out of you.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

Ugh..... I wish you would get him off that Iams for good....... that stuff just may be tainted too !

Good thoughts and prayers are heading your way Tal ! Feel better soon.

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts

Good thoughts and prayers that Tal will be good as new soon.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Sending good thoughts for Tal. Hope he is back to his normal self soon and that you get those two years back.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

4yelloweyedogs said:
Ugh..... I wish you would get him off that Iams for good....... that stuff just may be tainted too !

Good thoughts and prayers are heading your way Tal ! Feel better soon.

Melissa
;)
Well I have thought about it (getting him off IAMS) but he is about 1/4 way thru this bag. I won't start feeding it to him again until Sunday. Since he is 8 months, and so close to a year I am waiting until then to switch. I am seriously thinking of using ProPlan. If I remember right either Sharon (WigWag) or Laura (Labby) use it for their dogs and that is carrrying alot opf weight with me on what to use.

He's done well on the IAMS so far so I saw no reason to switch. If IAMS turns out to be tainted tho, well, I would switch.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts

I think it is Labby that feeds Pro Plan. I'm not sure what Sharon feeds, come to think of it.

Sure hope Tal will be alright! Poor little guy. That was so nice of your friend to clean up after him. True friend!

·
Registered
459 Posts

Hope Tal feels better quickly :angel:!

Zakk has always been on ProPlan and have never had a problem, even when transitioning him from puppy to adult. We did try to put him on lamb and rice but he just didn't seem to like it... switched to chicken and rice and he went back to eating like he always did. Needless to say, he will stay on chicken and rice.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

Sorry he's under the weather; hope he's feelin' better real soon

·
Registered
3,414 Posts

I hope Tal is feeling better!

I have my kids on Proplan, chicken and rice also, and it seems to work well for them.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts

Awww poor Tal. Hope he's feeling better today! Good thoughts and prayers Tal's way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts