Just Labradors banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
I have a 13,5-year-old Labrador and she has pretty bad arthritis in her legs and probably in her back as well. She currently takes 1x100mg Galliprant and 3x300mg Neurontin (gabapentin) a day but I feel like she is still in pain. She is often very restless and pants a lot. And she doesn’t really like to be petted anymore. She hangs her head and tail pretty low, but her neck doesn’t seem to be in a lot of pain because she still can lift and turn her head if se wants to. She still eats, drinks, sleeps, pees and poops normally. And I feel like even though she doesn’t really like to be touched, she still likes to be around people. She also still likes to go for walks. Sometimes I actually feel like she would rather just move around than lay down, because she sometimes has a hard time finding a comfortable spot. But I wonder if her quality of life is still good…She does have better days when she is playful and doesn’t seem restless and doesn’t really pant. But then we also have worse days when she really just seems depressed, paces around while panting and doesn’t seem happy :( What should I do? Should we try different medications? Our vet said we could try to switch Neurontin for Amantadine, could it help? We have also given her Cartrophen injections and we could also try Librela? The situation is just really hard because her condition doesn’t seem super bad but it’s not good either. Sorry that this text is very long and probably also has grammar errors because English is not my first language. I would really appreciate any help or opinions :)
Dog Dog breed Black Carnivore Fawn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts