Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my problem: I found him abandoned in the back yard. :( This is what's worrying me about him:

He's just laying around doing nothing - wont chase after a ball, wont come when I call him, wont come inside, doesn't make a sound, he wont do ANYTHING! No energy whatsoever!

He wont eat or drink no matter how much I try & encourage him.

I fear his temperature is too low. Is this a sign of hypothermia?

I'm worried about his skin colour. I don't know if he's sun burnt or he's anemic because I don't know what colour he was originally.

Is he the correct weight for his size?

What worries me the most is my dogs haven't accepted him into their home. They just ignore him. Not even as much as a friendly sniff hello.

So what's your advice fellow JL pet owners? Should I be worried? Should I take him to the vet for a check up or just keep him under observation for 24 hours?

TIA for your help. Just for once, I'm not sure what to do.

Almost forgot. :eek: I guess you want a pic?

Meet Rocky ..............

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Don't turn your back on him. You never know what they're planning. It could be a ruse.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Get more and sell them Garth, some guy made a fortune that way in the 70's, there is a whole new generation of gullible folks out there.:D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Bet he does a hell of a "stay". By the way, how do you know it is a "he"?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I wonder if BobPR would consider working with Garth via the internet.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Jerk! I was so sad reading that!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
By the way, how do you know it is a "he"?
duh! Can't you see his stones?

Give him time; that's my only advice. It will take some time for him to warm up to his surroundings. Allow him a sunny spot in the living room and it should quicken.

I've read online about this breed. Whatever you do, don't take him swimming. This line has absolutely no abilities in the water. He will sink like a .... well... you know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts