Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is unsafe to allow a puppy to run and play right after a meal, but how long should the puppy be kept from doing so after the meal? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I am a bad mom...I never have stopped them from playing. I will refrain from feeding them if they have really had a work out - running, chasing balls, swimmng - and they are panting hard. I will wait about half an hour to feed.
The most that has ever happened here after they eat and try to play is some one throws up their food...and then it's a free for all as to who gets to eat it LOL

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. :)

I was thinking about 20-30 minutes is probably a goodish amount of time. By then he needs to run around a little bit to get the urge to do his duty anyway.

We never worried about it with Cybil when she was a pup, but we had no idea and thought stomach flips were exclusive to the Giant Breeds.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The most that has ever happened here after they eat and try to play is some one throws up their food...and then it's a free for all as to who gets to eat it LOL
LOL Kim!! :D

I wait, too. Feed 1/2 hour after play....play 1/2 hour after feed.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I'm paranoid with Felicia, and have about the same time frame. I sort of decided on 45 minutes as the "magic number."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.