Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vet's instructions were to limit activity, no vigorous activity and restrict jumping for at least a week. Oh my, how does anyone accomplish this with a lab? She so wants to run soooo bad and is still learning not to jump. I am at wits end trying to keep her quieter. Tried the leash walking in the back yard and she just tried to run circles around me. I get so worried she is going to hurt herself. Any tips? Or maybe I just need support to make it through the next few days? Were you able to keep you labs quiet that long?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
It's hard. I kept Abby in the house & restricted to te family room. We went out for potty breaks on a leash. I did put her in her crate to rest more but still....it's not easy once they start to feel better. Good luck. Hopefully the next few days will go fast. Oh & I took two days off work & SU took one off so someone would be there to make sure she wasn't licking her incision. ::)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I also had to leash walk mine and use the crate more. But to be honest, after a few days I let them gradually increase their activity.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Benadryl ::)= o.k, just for the first few days ;D! After that I played indoor games, hide and seek, kongs, a few chewy toys, and the crate. I think I gave up about day 7, her sutures were removed and the site looked great, and we had no problems- Good luck ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts