Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to trade in my child for a 5 year old again... PLEASE.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: SHE IS 11, AND SHE WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME.

MidwestGirl said:
will you trade for a 12 year old?
I don't think so. What do I do. She is going to look like a total MORON... but she won't listen to me.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts

I take it this is a clothes issue? If so just let her do her thing...she will learn :p just not anytime soon. ;D

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

Oh I'm so there with you. Mine will be 12 at the end of the month. ::)

I agree...if it's clothes or hair related, let it go. My philosophy with my kids is as long as it isn't permanent (ie tattoo or piercing) let them do their own thing.

One of my co workers told me about a time her daughter insisted on wearing 2 different colors/types of socks to school. My friend told her she looked ridiculous but the daughter insisted it was cool. Everyone at school laughed at her. She never did it again. ;D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts

What does Maddy want to do, Shannee?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts

Uh oh.

I'm almost there. Mine likes to try and argue with me, but she never gets very far. Yet. I'm sure it is coming. She's almost 10.

What's the problem?? What does she want to do?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

Okay, I need to know exactly how moronic she is going to look. Up to a certain point I agree with the live and learn thing, but you can't let her be annihilated. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

SHE WANTS TO WEAR TWO DIFFERENT SHOES TONIGHT in the talent show. IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE STINKIN SCHOOL.

I'm sorry.... I LOVE my kid, but I am NOT going into that school with her. Pic will soon follow.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

What kind of two different shoes? Trent likes to wear one converse of one color and the other foot has a different colored converse, sometimes. But if they are completely different shoes I think I would try to stop that one. Wait, what is her talent? Is it a Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing? And in the long run, will it be worse than, say, knocking a croissant off of her head? ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts

What's her talent? Finding her shoes in the dark? She needs a new talent then cuz she obviously sucks at it, lol.

Gawd, Maddy, don't be a dork! Not in front of the whole school. :police:

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Jinx said:
What's her talent? Finding her shoes in the dark? She needs a new talent then cuz she obviously sucks at it, lol.

Gawd, Maddy, don't be a dork! Not in front of the whole school. :police:
For drama class, the students are doing a monologue. They take turns going up to the mic to say their part. Well, she decided to look really creepy.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Other kids are wearing either normal clothes or cutesy pajamas. She decides to take the total freak route. I am mortified.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Easy now, Shanna. Maybe her feet are manifestations of split personality.
Nothing to worry about. Unless that sandaled foot gets cold... then it will have to meet the furry slippered foot to find warmth. Or maybe the furrly slippered foot will seek the cool aloofness of the sandaled foot.

It's so difficult raising well adjusted children.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Okay, I asked Trevor's opinion and he wanted to know what she was doing. I told him. I asked if he would laugh at a girl dressed like that. He said probably unless she was supposed to look like that for her talent part. He said if her speech is kind of strange then it would go. FWIW.

ETA I made Trevor answer the laughed at question. He didn't want to hurt Maddy's feelings, but I thought it might help persuade her if she had the opinion of another kid her age.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I asked her if I could just drop her off. She was mortified. She asked why. I told her I didn't want to be seen with her. :laugh:

So then I plea bargained with her. I will go with you..... if you wear matching shoes.

She agreed. :laugh:

K

·
0 Posts
if it fits her speech why not? its not like she is doing it for daily dress-up non-related things.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts