Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have come to the conclusion that Caleb no longer needs me in the Utility ring when it comes to directed jumping. Sunday we had a really nice run going but he decided to hover at the go-out point and then take the correct jump before the judge could even say anything. Snot! Even the judge was amused and told me how he didn't need either one of us on that exercises. Geez! In Open, again blowing a nice run he decided to go visit Carol Mett's boy on the long sit! Judge went and got him and when I came back he was sitting with the steward with a "I really did something wrong" look on his face.

Micah got another RAE leg with two first places. At least we broke the trend of being 10 points lower on the second run. That boy sure makes me work hard in the rally ring. He's up to six now. Soon he'll be coming out in Pre-Novice, too. I'm actually rather excited about starting to show him.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Congrats with Micah!

Awww Caleb, good thing you are such a sweet boy...otherwise I think your little blonde butt would be in a LOT of trouble!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
WTG Micah!!! I so know what you mean that he makes you work ........... Bo does the same to me. Caleb, Caleb what are we going to do with you, you silly boy?!!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK- I know nothing about the dog show world..what is a RAE?

An RAE is a title in Rally Obedience. It earn that title a team must qualify in both Rally Advanced B and Rally Excellent B ten times. The full name is Rally Advanced Excellent.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Sounds like Caleb was being... Caleb, and Micah was being a good boy! What a difference from last year, heh? He wasn't even ready for the ring. You've done a lot with him this year.

I was wondering if the Mett's went. Bert and Connie told me they weren't going... since they lost their old boy last year they haven't been showing as much, but they were in Charleston and told me they are getting another puppy real soon!

Helen didn't have a good weekend either.

Glad you got home safely!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Helen came up and said hi to me. We kept passing one another and looking at one another like we knew each other. She finally stopped and said something to me! Was actually kind of funny!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ah well, congratulations on the RAE leg with Micah. Caleb, Caleb. Well, of course he knows what's coming next!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have been showing horses for many years and have come to know the lingo. This dog business is all new and confusing....so its quite an education to starting learning a whole new language!
I can't tell you how many former, or long time horse people I have met in this sport. I used to ride too. I never could afford to get to the level I wanted, though. Now I get my fix with my dog.

Welcome!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Yep, I showed Quarter Horses throughout the midwest in the 70's and 80's. Decided that it is so much easier to throw my dog in the car, than haul horses to shows :)
Funny thing is, I showed in Conformation (Halter Classes) at horse shows. I would NEVER do that in a dog show, it doesn't even interest me. I want to do the performance events!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.