Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Ingrid, the Porsche 911:

For those who didn't read the original post, last Friday I traded in my beloved Mini Cooper S (Trixie) on my dream car. I've loved the Porsche 911 in ALL of its updates and redesigns since I was a little kid. I've wanted one since I knew what a car was. I found a VERY low-mileage, exceptionally well-maintained 2002 Carerra convertible, which I brought home on Friday. I've named her Ingrid. Because she's a classic. And a beauty. Maybe not the most unusual, maybe not the most dramatic, but timeless, elegant, possibly a little quirky, and iconic.

And, is she ever fun to drive! And has the added benefit of making me feel younger, thinner, and hotter, simply by virtue of turning on the ignition! :wink:

Now I need to sign up for the track driving course I've always wanted to take...

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I'm quickly turning green. Still really jealous. But - CONGRATS to you again! She is spectacular! You get to be the girl in the white T-Bird!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
When are your dogs going to get to go for a ride in it? Need pictures of the dogs with their heads in the breeze above the windshield.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
you need to race robin in her nissan.. i'll ride shotgun with whoever'll have me

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When are your dogs going to get to go for a ride in it? Need pictures of the dogs with their heads in the breeze above the windshield.
Ed, I'm really not sure they'll get to ride in it. Maybe. I know Toby would love it. But I need to have protective covers for the back seat (and they'd ONLY get the back) before I let them in, and they'll also need harnesses that can snap into the seatbelts which we don't have. Yet. Plus I'd have to take out the rear windscreen, which really cuts down on turbulence when it's installed. I'm just not at all sure I want slobber on the leather.

I know, I'm being a Mean Momma. They'll probably wear me down eventually. But I've only had it three days, so it will be a while...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

She's a beauty mate, looks like you've found the 'diamond' car that we all search hard for.
Enjoy it, take that driving course and should you, by some streak of insanity, find yourself thinking "Something else could be done with this bit or that bit" - have a chat to the guys at http://www.gemballa.com

Cheers,

Pottsie

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Congrats! Ingrid is gorgeous, have fun with her.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
you need to race robin in her nissan..
That's exactly what went through my mind!

Nice, Ursula!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts