Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started him on cavaletti's on the lunge. He isn't ready to free jump and I have to set up a chute. He really enjoys fences and is fairly natural...does really well when the jump is on the "rail." I have a feeling his calling is not just dressage. Anyways, these were taken by my husband who did a good job considering he doesn't understand jumping :) Kudos for him helping me :)

Overjumping

1/2 a second more and this would have been my favorite picture...

He's doing really well and has all of the basic's. He can pick a perfect spot, really natural at picking a spot. And he likes it and rarely ever refuses. He's probably one of the top 5 horses I have introduced to fences....he just loves it.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the only decent shot we got of him from the front view. I didn't set him up well and need a cavaletti to the side of the jump to keep him straight after the jump....normally what I'd do but we were in a hurry because Lucas was waking up.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I just saw these on FB, Jules, he's looking SO good! You are doing great with him. Bet you can't wait to take him over some jumps yourself. =)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had a picture taken of him next to me to compare from last year. 2 months ago I measured him at 15'3 and he is only 2! I think he is 16 hands right now but need to measure. He's still high in the rear end but not as much as a yearling...it's harder to get him to really get him to engage his rear end (except over fences LOL).

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Gorgeous! :)
Looks like he could have cleared a jump twice as high in the first pic.
He looks stunning in the second pic - love the muscle definition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts