Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, we have had a great deal of snow. There was a very bad accident on I-80 about an hour from here. A friend sent me pictures and I thought I'd share. It makes me to never want to get on the interstate again during bad weather. Below is a picture and a link to 40 more pictures that I have posted on my online album. After looking at the pictures, I find it amazing that only one person was killed.

"At least one person died and more than a dozen others were hurt in a massive pileup on Interstate 80 this morning.
Thirty tractor-trailers and 20 cars were involved in the crash in the eastbound lanes, shutting down a stretch of the highway between Penfield and Clearfield."

http://www.pbase.com/linda2/accident_&page=all

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I used to drive that road many times a year. While I have no problem imagining bad accidents there in poor visibility weather, I can't imagine 30 semi's getting wrapped up together.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
For pity's sake people, lay off the gas and leave extra room when you have poor visibility and snow................
That's the problem - the idiots who wants to drive like usual and get too close, go too fast, or swerve to change lanes and lose control. If people would only use the common sense God gave them, this kind of senseless thing would not happen.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
If people would only use the common sense God gave them, this kind of senseless thing would not happen.
A lot of folks seem not to have been given that gift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.