Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024268&id=1441638911&l=cd16a978d6

(Let me know if this doesn't work. I've never shared a Facebook album here before. Figured it was the easiest way since we're limited to 4 pics per post here.)

We ended up with autographs from Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Jim Irsay and... Bob Sanders (the one I wanted most of all)! We were thisclose to Peyton Manning, but didn't get it.

Couple funny things. Standing in front of Jim Sorgi, backup QB, while he was signing things (didn't end up getting his either), young boy, probably 8 or so, shouts "Jim! Jim! Sign my hat, Jim?" Jim took his hat and while he was signing it turned to talk to someone. Guess it made the boy nervous, because then he shouts, "I need my hat back, Jim!" :)

When Jason handed Irsay our calendar to sign, he said, "Oh, the 2009 calendar! I never get to see these." And proceeded to flip through it right there!

Oh, and we just happened to pick the right stands to sit in. Right where the players entered and exited the field. Peyton got mobbed on the way out signing more autographs. Talking to friends of ours yesterday that have been to their training camp in Terre Haute - said that Peyton is never that accessible. Makes it even more of a bummer that we didn't manage to get his autograph yesterday.

I'm so glad we went. It was kind of a last-minute decision and one of those things we'd usually let slip by us. I'll probably never get to be that close to those guys again. Very cool.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
That looks like a fun day although I was hoping for a picture of Peyton sans shirt. Maybe next year. Hope Bob Sanders stays healthy this year; they aren't the same without him out there. He's so short he barely stands out from the crowd.

I'm naming my next puppy Peyton.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts