Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2 1/2 year old female black lab whom I adore. I am thinking about getting another puppy. My question is this, should I get another female or would a male be better? Or does it really not matter at all? Thought I could get some thoughts from the "experts" on this board. :D

Thanks for any input,
Heather

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
No expert here. We have a male and a female and they get along beautifully, but then so do a lot of female-female and male-male dog combos on this board. It has more to do with the personalities of the individual dogs themselves, and also your preference. No hard-and-fast gender definition "rules" that I've noticed so far.

Oh, and welcome to the board. What's your female's name? Pics?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Sex doesn't matter, temperament and personality does. I have two males, I know people who have one of each, and there are others that have two females. It's all about the dogs.

G

·
Dani said:
Sex doesn't matter, temperament and personality does. I have two males, I know people who have one of each, and there are others that have two females. It's all about the dogs.
ditto.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I have 4 females and two males. They all get along because of their temperaments. Both males are intact and have had females in season here. I've never had a fight because I established early on that I am in charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.