Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a dog this morning on the way to work *UPDATE AT END*

She was in the middle of the road, just wandering around. I stopped and she came over, so I pulled over and opened the door. She jumped right in, wagging away. :) It was a country sideroad with several houses, so I turned around and knocked on some doors to see if anyone knew her. They didn't. :( I brought her to St. Huberts (non kill) which is 5 minutes away from work. They seem to think she'll be claimed right away since she looked so well taken care of. She had a collar on, no tags. Such a sweetheart, she was softly licking my hand on the way there.

I cried when I left her there. Please say a prayer that her loving owners will pick her up right away.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought she was a shepard pup at first. Until I saw some greys...I'd say she's about a 5 year old shepard mix, medium build, black & tan, ears that stuck out like wings. Beautiful girl! :)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Awww...good for you Amy. Poor thing out in the cold. Will the shelter keep you posted on her? Hopefully she's chipped.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I didn't even think of the chip, nice! :) They said I can absolutely call and check on her status whenever I want.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sure will. :)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
so glad you got her...this morning I saw animal control picking up a dead dog that had just recently been hit by a car. She just didn't have a chance because it was on our busy main street during rush hour. Sad!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and the dogs always stay on my mind.
I can't stop thinking about her. Brings tears to my eyes because she was the sweetest thing.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Glad you got her to safety, we'll be waiting for an update! If no owners show, any chance you might have room at your house;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh heck no, Di!!! I can barely handle the 3 that I have now. I doubt MaceFace would put up with another female anyway. :(

1 - 20 of 73 Posts