Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am scanning slides that will be used in several different power point presentations. The presentaions will be projected onto screens (as opposed to on a t.v.). What resolution do I need to scan the slides at?

TIA

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I would scan them at a higher resolution at least 300 but you may have to make them smaller or the powerpoint file will get extreamly large and slow to manipulate. Normally when it's projected you can't see minute details anyway so it's not a big deal if it's a little pixilated as you don't see it.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
hi res dpi is for printing, not screen resolution.. you can use a 72dpi gif and be fine.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kelli said:
hi res dpi is for printing, not screen resolution.. you can use a 72dpi gif and be fine.

Ah, good to know. This will be a fairly large powerpoint, so I will use a lower dpi.

If some of these same pictures are to be used for printed material also, should I scan them twice at different dpi's?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I normally scan them once at the higher resolution then just save as and rename it then change the resolution of the new file to 72 or 100. The reason I posted earlier that I would do them at 300 is so you can do this.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bacatherine said:
I normally scan them once at the higher resolution then just save as and rename it then change the resolution of the new file to 72 or 100. The reason I posted earlier that I would do them at 300 is so you can do this.
Ah, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts