Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone order from here... are their products reliable and the same as you get from the vet? If you order from somewhere else can you recommend a company to order Frontline plus and Interceptor from. Thanks

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Nope, never ordered from there. I've ordered from 1800petmeds.com and drsfosterandsmith.com. I ordered interceptor from *I think* 1800petmeds and then got Thor's K9Advantix from drsfosterandsmith.com, or vice versa. Can't remember! ??? Sorry! :p

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Just received my order for Frontline Plus and Heartguard from here
http://www.petsuppliesnet.com/
Been using these guys for a few years with no problems. 6 month supply of Front Line Plus is $48, much cheaper than the US online pet meds. But they are based in Australia, and like I said before Meril(the maker of Frontline) is based in Australia, probably why it is so much cheaper.

Only took 10 days to hit my mailbox from the time I ordered it.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Drs. F&S is okay. Of course it's always nice to support your local vet if possible, most I've gone to will match the 1800petmeds price. I look at this the same way I look at buying from local farmers, I don't want vets to become commercialized large conglomerates some day. What petmeds does to vets is akin to what WalMart does to local grocers. Okay, you didn't ask to get me started huh ;)

1800petmeds has hundreds of law suits pending against them as well, I wouldn't reccommend them. Drs F&S seem okay!

·
Registered
740 Posts
yellojakesmom said:
Drs. F&S is okay. Of course it's always nice to support your local vet if possible
When my vet starts looking out for my pocketbook instead of his, I may consider that. The vet's office charged me 19.00 for ONE tube of Frontline plus. I can get it for 1/2 that at Fosters and Smith.
And, I do shop at Wal-Mart. ;)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Bensons Mom said:
yellojakesmom said:
Drs. F&S is okay. Of course it's always nice to support your local vet if possible
When my vet starts looking out for my pocketbook instead of his, I may consider that. The vet's office charged me 19.00 for ONE tube of Frontline plus. I can get it for 1/2 that at Fosters and Smith.
And, I do shop at Wal-Mart. ;)
The cost for breaking up a box will always be more than buying the whole box, it's a packaging thing. Now they need other customers who only need a small amount before it expires, so they charge more hoping you will just buy the whole box :)

As for asking my vet to look out for my pocketbook, I do, that's why I ask if they'll match prices. Mine was more than happy to oblige, which is why I like them!

·
Registered
740 Posts
My vet will match prices as well, but why can't they just sell them at that price or a small mark up? 100% mark up is insane. It also doesn't help elderly people, etc. who are trying to do the right thing for their pets but can't afford the outrageous prices and don't usually go online to try to find better deals. That's all. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts