Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you do on those days when its really really big and of course people are continuously invading it?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Ooh, I am THE worst person to ask this question of. If I am at home, I make no bones about showing that whomever it is is invading, and they soon learn to un-invade. Quickly.

If I'm at work, I do my best to stumble through. But everybody at work knows me, and is also really respectful of one another, and they know to also just give me a wide berth.

If you are talking about being out and about in public, then there's not alot you can do but grin and bear it.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
labby said:
animals are much better at reading body language than humans.
My cat is incredibly invasive of the personal space barrier. She doesn't give one tiny rat's ass- it's her house and it's all her personal space ::)

The dogs are pretty good, though.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I lock myself in the bathroom with a book and a long soak. I've shown this before but it's a good illustration of how needy and clingy my family can be.
That door they're all camped out in front of is my bathroom door. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Well, if I have to deal with it I am just super bitchy (not really intentionally) which usually tells people to back off. If I don't, I go for a long run by myself, and then act like a hermit...reading, or doing whatever I wish in solitude. I actually really enjoy solitude, being an introvert. It was a big adjustment having Shane move in after living alone for a year and a half, and now moving in to my friend's house and having 3 roomies is going to be a little overwhelming at first! Luckily, we are all close and they know me well. ;)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I find that carrying a shovel (or, in extreme cases, a running chainsaw) is your best bet. Alternatively, you can increase your personal space by wetting your pants and singing loudly off-key while pushing around a shopping cart full of old dolls.

gabbys mom said:
My cat is incredibly invasive of the personal space barrier. She doesn't give one tiny rat's ass- it's her house and it's all her personal space
It's so true! Molly the cat needs to be on top of anything that is being read or written on. It doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
theoconbrio said:
It's so true! Molly the cat needs to be on top of anything that is being read or written on. It doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in.
Yeah! How the hell am I supposed to read with her fat hairy ass on my book?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Ummm... with only the two of us (humans) and the 7 dogs, I find myself inviting personal space invasion!

"Honey? I'm over here!
"Tud? Come look at this!" (nothing spectacular) i.e., "See my new mascara?"
"Hey, Tud, how do you hold your dental floss? Wanna show me?"
"Honey honey honey! Come look at this! Look at my sock drawer!"

I'm hopeless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts