Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing craiglist on Sunday morning (it's kinda fun haha) and of course I wandered over to the pet section. I clicked on an ad with the title "kittens in the cold", proceeded to read the ad which explained that this girl had two kittens and she can't keep them. One found a home, but she can't find a home for the other one and she was going to put it outside to "fend for itself" if it didn't have a home by Tuesday (so yesterday). Ummm no!! I'm not much of a cat girl, but I e-mailed her yesterday asking her to please e-mail me back if nobody had contacted her about a home. Sooooo apparently tomorrow @ 11am I'm going to pick myself up a kitten. My conscience won't let me just ignore that ad.

I talked to my neighbor and she's willing to take the kitten if my mom says no to keeping it here (which she very well may), and I also know that my vet will take him/her if I really need a place for the sweet thing. Please tell me I'm not crazy...

Here is the picture that was in the craigslist ad:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
"Put it outside to fend for itself" ... smurfing a-hole.

Glad you are there to help

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
That kitten is way too adorable (and tiny) to be tossed out into the cold. Some people are so heartless. Thank you for helping the little one!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric that was the line that got me. How could somebody even say that?!

I just pictured that tiny baby out in the cold and it broke my heart.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
There's a very good chance that the kitten was never going to end up in the cold. It's a fake threat to get the soft-hearted to take an animal that they normally wouldn't.

Still, it's a very cute kitten that's found itself a very good home.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:
There's a very good chance that the kitten was never going to end up in the cold. It's a fake threat to get the soft-hearted to take an animal that they normally wouldn't.

Exactly!! People prey on the feelings of others...it's not right.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
I posted this in your thread over at l/d
What a nice thing for you to do.

But be safe, Stacey. Have someone go with you if possible. You just don't know what kind of people are out there.

I truly hope it's a girl who posted that ad. Give the address to your parents.

Sorry, I'm a skeptic sometimes.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Golfgirlrobin said:

I know that is totally possible, but it's also totally possible that she would put that sweet baby out in the cold.

Linda, my best friend is going with me and we're actually meeting at IKEA. They originally wanted me to pick up at their house but I asked if a more public place was ok and suggested the mall/IKEA (they are in the same "complex") and she agreed. Oh and I will tell my mom where I'm going.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
AbbyandMolly said:
I know that is totally possible, but it's also totally possible that she would put that sweet baby out in the cold.
Either way the person is an ass for even threatening. Good idea going with a freind, might keep you from smacking the person in the head

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Hey Stacey,
She looks like she might be a tortise. I learned something when I took one to be tested that showed up on my BR balcony from my vet. If she is a tortise she is steril. 99.9% are female and all tortise cats cannot reproduce so no need to spay. Ask your vet if you take her in just to be sure but that is what the vet told me.

Oh and after you get the cat tell the owner what an a$$hole she is for me.

T

·
0 Posts
What a loser :( I'm sooooooooooo happy that you're taking that little one it...you don't know how happy I am right now for you!!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh I sooo stay away from that section in Craigs List. I would end up with a million in one pets at our place. My parents were the type of people that got pets and gave them away as fast as they got them. It's one thing that really drives me crazy.

I don't mind if people rehome because it wasn't a good fit and they are trying to the best by the dog/cat whatever.

But to say, hey I took the time to rescue them...but now I am going to just drop kick back outside and make it your fault for not taking the kitty in is just passing the buck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts