Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, that is, sometimes you just shake your head.

Girl, maybe 16 and a lady I'm guessing was Mom, walked through my area, Mom on phone, girl texting, up in front. Girl runs into shelf, Mom almost trips over her. Girl says "woops" changes direction a bit and heads off texting, Mom follows talking a mile a minute. And out my door they went, hope they have a desinated driver.:eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I saw The best sign ever in one of our little mom pop shops at the counter. " If you are on your cell phone, I will not wait on you"

There is nothing more annoying than someone gabbing on the phone,fumbling for their money and asking the cashier to repeat the total because they were to effing important to hang up.

Cashiers on their phone sends me through the roof.

What really annoys me is what the hell do people have to talk about all friggin' day. Seriously what is so goddamn important that it can't wait? Texting! The ultimate bullcrap feature. I have a perfectly good functioning TELEPHONE in my hand so I type you a note? Pretty lame if you think about it. "Well I text so and so because they might be busy at work" Super lame excuse. If some one is working then they should be too busy to read a text or take a call. Especially if I'm signing their checks! If they have time for 20 texts and 8 personal calls a day then I'll make them part time. End of story.

Rant over. Love the technology, hate the abuse, especially in a place of busines.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's really funny is I work a couple afternoons in the Work Dept, get guys with cell phones all the time. The ones who are answering real bussiness calls cut it as short as they can and apoligize after.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
My favorites are the ones who have those little ear thingys and they look like they are talking to themselves. Not sure who they are trying to impress.

Plus getting behind someone in a checkout line who does like that...can't hang up long enough to pay for their stuff and keep the cashier and other customers waiting....idiots.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus getting behind someone in a checkout line who does like that...can't hang up long enough to pay for their stuff and keep the cashier and other customers waiting....idiots.
Had one like that the other day, was in line with a friend I hadn't seen in a while, maybe 25 years older than me, well we neigher hear well, but when the other lady in line answered her phone to chit chat about last nights TV, Ray and I could not hear each other, pretty soon she gave up and said she'd call the other person later, cause it was her that couldn't hear no more.:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I saw The best sign ever in one of our little mom pop shops at the counter. " If you are on your cell phone, I will not wait on you"

There is nothing more annoying than someone gabbing on the phone,fumbling for their money and asking the cashier to repeat the total because they were to effing important to hang up.

Cashiers on their phone sends me through the roof.

What really annoys me is what the hell do people have to talk about all friggin' day. Seriously what is so goddamn important that it can't wait? Texting! The ultimate bullcrap feature. I have a perfectly good functioning TELEPHONE in my hand so I type you a note? Pretty lame if you think about it. "Well I text so and so because they might be busy at work" Super lame excuse. If some one is working then they should be too busy to read a text or take a call. Especially if I'm signing their checks! If they have time for 20 texts and 8 personal calls a day then I'll make them part time. End of story.

Rant over. Love the technology, hate the abuse, especially in a place of busines.
I agree to a point, I never text or talk on my phone in a place of business or while driving, just won't do it. We have no landline so our cell phones are the phone everyone calls, but when we answer it is our choice. That being said, I talk to people all day at work and would much rather send a quick note to someone then get involved in a long conversation. For that reason.... I love texting:D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
My line of work requires me to be in contact with many people all day. cell phone, e-mail and face to face. The technology is a double edged sword, Yes it's great to be completely mobile, I can work from anywhere in the world, but it's the abuse of the technology that is the worst. There are very few instances where I can get peace. Flying is one. I flew back from New Orleans Thursday night and the total cell phone off time was maybe 3 hours. 47 emails and 6 voice mails in 3 hours !!!!!!! I'm not so high up the corporate food chain that would warrant needing to be "in touch" like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts