Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lab ear positions are so expressive of their feelings. One is the penetent ears and nobody does them better than Bruno. Here he is hiding behind the sofa after he was caught with a dish that Judy had pulled off the table. He was just an accomplice.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Haha, guilty-dog face, my favorite!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush is real expressive with her ears. One look from me and she'll get that ear back, beaten dog look, even if I'm angry with Boo or Twiggy. She feels their pain lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
This isn't the greatest picture, but this is the look that she usually gives me when she has been caught eating cat food or getting in the neighbors trash!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh, I recognize that look! Cooper does that if he happens to get startled by one of us & barks - then immediately cups his ears when he realizes his error. I think it's a toss up as to whether the cupped ears are an expression of embarrassment or a Lab's way of expressing "I'm sorry"!!!

Bev.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
My Dutch Shepherd had a very peculiar ear position very much like the Flying Nun's hat. When she was really thrilled about something that is how she posed those usually tall, upright ears. I never saw another dog do this - they were folded in half and then angled back - sort of like Origami.

I don't have a picture of this since the camera inspired the opposite of "thrill" in her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts