Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
"stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart."
Screw them if they are here illegally.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them,"
Yes, legal American familes. With jobs.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Jesus Amy. There are so many friggin' jobs that aren't being filled right now because people won't touch them that it's ridiculous. So if immigrants take them, let them. If American's actually got off of their asses and looked for ALL types of jobs, I'm pretty sure the unemployment rate would go back down.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Quote:
"stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart."

Screw them if they are here illegally.

Quote:
"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them,"

Yes, legal American familes. With jobs.
I agree Amy!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
God bless America, and **** the rest of you who weren't lucky enough to be born here.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm having trouble working it into the tune though.. it's a bit lengthy.. and i'm not sure faith hill will say ****. Maybe.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
There are so many friggin' jobs that aren't being filled right now because people won't touch them that it's ridiculous. So if immigrants take them, let them.
Do you have any idea how many roofing / siding / general building / jobs were given to illegals? Then they get paid and send the money out of the country. How is that benefitting us? My husband lost a lot of work because of them so don't Jesus Amy me. :)

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
legal or not, these are still people. consider for just a moment the trauma of having your husband, father, wife, mother suddenly taken away. just taken. at 4 am, armed policemen might even break down the front door and grab your loved one out of bed and drag them out. bedtime is the best time to catch the illegals, so it makes sense.

after the arrest, you have no way for communication nor contact with your family member. there is no information provided. your loved one might even be held in detention facilities, ie prison for long periods of time, even years, before they are actually deported out of the country.

but screw em!

sad.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Do you have any idea how many roofing / siding / general building / jobs were given to illegals? Then they get paid and send the money out of the country. How is that benefitting us? My husband lost a lot of work because of them so don't Jesus Amy me. :)
OH and lets NOT forget ALL of the tools my brother had to replace over the years from them stealing them from him. Whatever happened to come to this country like my great grandparents did and do it the correct way, I'm not getting it.

You're right Amy, my coworkers SU is also having problems for the same reason your SU is.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
consider for just a moment the trauma of having your husband, father, wife, mother suddenly taken away. just taken. at 4 am, armed policemen might even break down the front door and grab your loved one out of bed and drag them out.
There's a really easy way to prevent all this: Register as a U.S. citizen. Pay income taxes like everyone else. Participate in the electoral process. Etc. Etc.

I love how law enforcement -- doing its job -- is made out by Pelosi to be the big baaaaaad wolf here.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Regina: Have you any idea how racist you sound? You think stealing is something only illegal immigrants do? Shame.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Go ahead and rip me all you want. That's how I feel. They know the potential consequences coming in. They should make every effort to become legal citizens, in my opinion.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
There's a really easy way to prevent all this: Register as a U.S. citizen. Pay income taxes like everyone else.
And don't forget, show 6 forms of i.d. to get a drivers license. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
i'm not saying our law enforcement officers are bad people. i'm not saying illegal immigration is good and should be ignored. i'm trying to say, there is something wrong in all of this. i can't help but feel compassion for the families.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
OH and lets NOT forget ALL of the tools my brother had to replace over the years from them stealing them from him. Whatever happened to come to this country like my great grandparents did and do it the correct way, I'm not getting it.

You're right Amy, my coworkers SU is also having problems for the same reason your SU is.

I agree, they should have to come here like the real Americans did - bring guns and slauughter the people that were already here or put them in concentration camps [reservations].

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Come here legally, then welcome to America. Good luck, work hard and take advantage of what this country offers.

Come here illegally and you accept the fact that there are certain downsides to your status.

Illegal immigration creates a permanent underclass. That's what is un-American; not expecting that laws will be enforced.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts