Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna find a new PCP.

I've had it w/my guy.

I've been a pt at this practice for, I dunno, 10 yrs or so. My original doc left... Became a pt of a new guy.

Now, he's left. He was great (helped me w/my weightloss), and I'm really pissed off that he's gone.

So now: I have NO IDEA who my new doctor is.

And the last straw: I called for a refill of an Rx. And they filled it w/the WRONG MED!!!!!!

Not only potentially dangerous, but I'm also out $30.

Not only that but usually, when that med is refilled, I'm brought in for bloodwork to check on how things are. This time? Pfft. Nada. Just called the scrip into the pharm and let me go get it.

I'm outta there. Jerks.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Call the office and complain. Tell them you want a refund for the wrong RX. Didn't you check it before you paid for it? Or do youget it by mail?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'd find out where the doc you liked went and if he is still in-network. Then, if he is accessible to you, I'd go there. If not, call and ask him to recommend someone.

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
We have a huge doctor shortage in Barrie, I was lucky to get picked up by SO's when mine died suddenly.

Sorry Dan - hope you can find a good one quickly.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Call the office and complain. Tell them you want a refund for the wrong RX.
I agree!!! You shouldn't have to pay for that!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I would definitely try to get the money back somehow. It isn't right that you are out money due to their mess up!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not check the Rx when I picked it up. Just assumed (I know, duh me!) that it was correct because it always had been before.

Noticed right away, though, when the pill was the wrong size.

I needed Lipitor. Got Tricor instead. I've been off Tricor for a couple of months now.

I've called the practice and left a msg for NewMysteryDoc to call me. But calls back from there are often 'forgotten.'

Although this was a problem avoided, I keep thinking what if it were Coumadin or some other med whose screwing with could have been FATAL (or otherwise seriously wrong) if I hadn't noticed?????

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
And how about the pharmacy? I'm surprised they didn't question it, based on what you've been getting every single month.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I did not check the Rx when I picked it up. Just assumed (I know, duh me!) that it was correct because it always had been before.

I needed Lipitor. Got Tricor instead. I've been off Tricor for a couple of months now.

I've called the practice and left a msg for NewMysteryDoc to call me. But calls back from there are often 'forgotten.'

Although this was a problem avoided, I keep thinking what if it were Coumadin or some other med whose screwing with could have been FATAL (or otherwise seriously wrong) if I hadn't noticed?????
Dan you are so right, pharmaceutical errors are my worst fear as an RN- even after 17 yrs, I check and triple check every single med given to my Pt's, there is just no excuse- you need to talk to someone at the office let them know and tell them there needs to be a credit on your account! No ifs and or buts about it, they made the mistake, use the words potential for "life threatening event" if it had been something you were allergic to or had side effects too- they need to pay attention- don't let them off the hook on this on, whoever was responsible, probably your docs nurse who is usually these days a medical technician- needs to pay attention- Sorry didn't mean to rant, but man it happens way too often- Di

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

Dweck, I just spent part of the elective I am on right now working in pharmacy, and something I learned is that pharmacies will take returns...they do not necessarily discard the medications, but rather reshelf them so that if that same script comes through, it can be used. I don't know that ALL pharmacies practice this way (for better OR worse), but it would be worth trying to call them and explain the situation!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oooh, thanks! I'll call......

Meanwhile, still no phone contact from MysteryDoc. I'm sure he won't 'get' to me until he's between appointments, but still, the longer it stretches, the more steamed I'm getting.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
The pharmacy might help you out just to be nice, and that would be great, but they didn't make the mistake. As long as it is the right med that was ordered for the right pt. with no contraindications. This is the physician's/office problem- they in my opinion should do the right thing, and be held accountable- o.k I'll step off the soap box.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The pharmacy might help you out just to be nice, and that would be great, but they didn't make the mistake. As long as it is the right med that was ordered for the right pt. with no contraindications. This is the physician's/office problem- they in my opinion should do the right thing, and be held accountable- o.k I'll step off the soap box.
Oh, I agree that they should be notified about it, but in the meantime he could get the concern off of his chest that he will have to foot the bill for a screw up ;)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Oh, I agree that they should be notified about it, but in the meantime he could get the concern off of his chest that he will have to foot the bill for a screw up ;)
That's true, I just hope he gets it all sorted out and the physician's office excepts their part in it :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nurse finally called.

Pharm will refund, provided I bring everything back.

And I'm scheduled for bloodwork to monitor where I am.

Still -- I'm miffed over the whole thing. Maybe the straw breaking this camel's back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts