Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do male or female labs have the more potent pee when it comes to burning grass?

D

·
0 Posts
duckbnot said:
Do male or female labs have the more potent pee when it comes to burning grass?
I've heard female dogs in general have more potent pee. And when you have a female (like mine) who feels compelled to mark on top of where my male dog pees.....really dead grass results.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I'm not sure that the potency is different, but I think females are more likely to really empty out a large quantity in one spot, whereas a male is more likely to spread it around in a larger number of spots.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'd like to add to that question: do those supplements found in Dr. Foster's catalog really help diminish the grass burn from urine?

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
do those supplements found in Dr. Foster's catalog really help diminish the grass burn from urine?
A number of people have tried them and I don't recall any who say they've worked well.

Diluting the pee spot with water works best. A year or so ago, a part of my lawn had a lot of dandelions and I encouraged Puff to pee there. Maybe half the time she obliged and her efforts did help me eradicate them.

Read ---> http://plantanswers.tamu.edu/turf/dog_lawn_problems.html

·
Registered
282 Posts
Our male mix, Max, was VERY good at killing the grass. He was neutered around the age of 7 months so never did realize he was supposed to heist his leg until he was probably 5 or 6 yrs old. ;) I have to admit, it was VERY nice. I grew up around male cowdogs and they peed on anything and everything. NONE were ever neutered. So, when he'd go, it was all in one spot. Was always fighting those dead patches of lawn. Now have 2 females..... :eek:

We did buy Max some pills (don't remember what they're called at the moment) but never did notice any big difference. Don't think hubby gave them to him every day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts