Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you get/read the AKC magazine Family Dog? I look through it when it comes in. They had an article on a new type of search dog - the Peanut Detection Dog. For people who have peanut allergies. These dogs can sniff out peanut on anything...apparently even if something doesn't have peanuts in it, but has been processed where peanuts are.

I think its great! I have several friends who have kids with allergies.

And how easy must it be to train these dogs? They LOVE peanut butter and they get to have it!

Much better deal than the drug sniffing dogs...

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Great idea for those who are deathly allergic.

We have a steakhouse here (Santa Fe Steakhouse) that brings you containers of peanuts at your table, and I'm always shocked when I see young babies/toddlers in there. I'd be too afraid to chance it not knowing if my kid was allergic and them being too young to find out.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
LOL. That's weird, I've never heard of it, but a very good idea. They can probably sniff out the stuff that "processed" at a place that makes products with peanuts in them. Their noses are awesome!

Did that article say which breeds they were going to use? Like bloodhounds or something of that sort?

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MidwestGirl said:
A lab's nose can be used to sniff out cancer, seizures, drugs, bombs, peanut butter and scooby snacks :laugh:
See now, my lab would eat any peanut butter he found before you even knew he found it. "There! Now you are safe from the evil peanut butter! I have saved you master!" :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts