Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite PB & J combination?

I LOVE PB with Marshmellow creme on super fresh and soft white bread (such as Wonder or Rainbow)

Also, PB with honey is good. yummm

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
*drools and in trance*
Mmmmm, peanut butter.

That's all I ate when I was little. Everyday. Skippy creamy with grape jelly on white bread. As an adult, Now I only like Jif and the rare times I do eat it, it's with seedless raspberry jam on wheat.

I can't eat PB much now because it doesn't get along with my gallbladder. :-\

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Skippy chuncky and red raspberry on 12 grain bread, grilled. Maybe with a slice or two of extra sharp cheddar!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Jif with strawberry jelly on wheat

or a heaping spoonful of Jif in a bowl with corn syrup..has to be just the right consistency and then I wolf it down with a spoon!!

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Homemade wheat bread, smooth pb, Kraft if craving the sweet stuff, or if not, the "100% just nuts" stuff, homemade strawberry jam (if ran out of homemade, PC organics strawberry jam)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Preferrably Jif, but I use Skippy b/c that's what the husband prefers, and Smuckers Grape Jelly on fresh, soft white bread. MMMMMMMM

Also Peanut Butter and Butter sandwiches-toasted white bread or fresh out of the bag doesn't matter. But if it is toasted bread you have to let the bread cool just a little so that the butter does NOT totally melt. Sooooo good. The butter has to be salted and really soft and not the whipped kind.

J

·
0 Posts
My Homemade Strawberry Jam, creamy peanut butter (I'm not picky on a brand), wheat bread.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
My PB(which I affectionately call salmonella butter) was recalled. It hasn't been on store shelves since the recall. So I don't eat PB and jelly sandwiches anymore. :(

Btw, my last jar was part of the bad batch. I had all ready eaten all of it. I must have a cast iron stomach. :laugh:

B

·
0 Posts
Creamy Peter Pan (but I use Jif now because of the recall...bummer), soft white bread, honey.

I also like pb with seedless raspberry jam on sara lee honey wheat bread

My absolute #1 to die for pb sammy is with my aunt's apple butter but I only get that once in a blue moon - either she sends it to me from Oregon or I get some of it at a family gathering and gingerly carry the mason jar of it back home with me on the plane...*drools*

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Jinxy and BudGirl - I heard on the news a week or two ago that they had discovered what caused the salmonella (a leaky roof - eww) and that they'd be back on the shelves..... that part I don't remember.... sometime this summer, I think.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Oh good! Nothing else tastes as good as my Peter Pan with honey. ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Jinx said:
Oh good! Nothing else tastes as good as my Peter Pan with honey. ;D
Amen to that. i miss Peter Pan. I quit eating peanut butter really...I have it but I don't eat it as much. Glad to hear it might be back soon! ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts