Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email from PayPal today, does this sound right to you? I haven't used PayPal in years.

Dear PayPal Member,

We recently reviewed your account while performing our standard security maintenance, and we suspect your account was accessed by a third party. This might occur if you have accessed your account from a different IP other than your usual address. Therefore, as a preventative measure we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features. To restore your PayPal account, you must click the link below and complete our verification process.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Paypal will ALWAYS use your name.. never "dear member"

these are common and not from paypal

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I got one of those about a month ago and I didn't click the link because it said "Dear paypal user" and not "Dear Stacey" I always heard that if it's a general salutation (mr/mrs/user) not to pay it anymind...oh and, my paypal account works just fine :)

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
I got one of those a while back, too. I didn't click the link, but I signed on to Paypal to check my account and saw that nothing was out of the ordinary. DON'T answer that email.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, that is what I thought. I would guess that my account would go inactive if i hadn't used it for over a year. I think the last timeI used it was in 2002.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
You can either ignore it or forward it to [email protected]. They'll send you a response and let you know that it's not legit and that they'll check on it. (Exactly what they do with it, I don't know.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts