Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But - today my children are in their crates - for the 1st time in years.

Monday - got out of the shower to find 3 previously white socks regurgitated whole on my bed - liquid green ooze went thru the comforter, blanket, top and bottom sheet and into the mattress pad - off to the laundry they went. No hope for the socks - HOW can they swallow 3 socks whole? Harley is the culpret - my sock girl...

Tuesday - General Harley mayhem continues, one book stolen off of kitchen counter and shredded after her lunch snack and potty trip...I am now sure Morgan is egging this on.

Wednesday - GREAT morning - no problems at lunch. Come home afterwork to a Big Brown Butthead standing - yes standing - on the chest freezer, eating the last of a kirkland box of biscuits....which he proceeded to throw up during our dinner hour. BAD DOG-NO DINNER FOR EITHER - because you just know Har was a biscuit recipient too. ETA - Har also climbed on the bathroom counter and ate my mouthguard - resulting in a bloody tongue for me this morning - as I bit it in my sleep last night.

Thursday - Har distroyed Paul's mom's weekly (empty thank God!) Pill Planner - had to jump on top of the bar to get it...this is b4 lunch. I clean up mess and leave without giving buscuits. Thursday after work, Paul finds shredded coke carton - which was a new full carton - pulled off of Kitchen counter...still doesn't believe they need a time out...in their crates.

Friday a.m. at 3 a.m.....woken by barking dog who is on Pred...probably needs to pee I think. Paul goes down to let him out....no he's stuck on top of freezer trying to get biscuit remenants from behind it...

Friday 7:30 a.m.....same dog is now standing on freezer barking.

Friday 7:35 a.m. = all dogs crated, peace and quiet resumes.

Bad DOGS!! BAD BAD DOGS!

(please note - socks must be stolen from laundry room when someone walkes in to get clothes - door is alway shut. freezer has been there - and used as storage for 2 years now...kitchen counters have not been a problem for ouver 4 years...)

I think a refresher course was in order - don't you?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
So this is new behavior? That's odd....something must have set it off, no?

Sorry, but Morgan standing (and stranded!) on top of the freezer cracked me the hell up. :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
It's spring fever! Seriously, they'd have been back in the crates by Wednesday if they were my boys. Actually, my boys are crated any time we're not home. Champ manages to get in the trash even when we are home, if we're both outside and there's something tasty in there.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Yep - the visual of the dog barking his fool head off on top of the freezer is just too funny.

But also yep - back into the crate they go. In my house Jason would have been leading the charge if they caused that much mayhem. He would have lost his patience on day 1.5!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Yep, definitely time for the crate.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those things that will be funny one day. Well, for you. It's pretty **** funny for me right now. :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I agree that it's crate time for awhile...but it does make for a funny story to tell!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Crate time sounds right. I have to say though, it sounded pretty funny - until I recalled a few episodes of throw up over the last week caused by goose poop (of course mostly nightly and in our bedroom).

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Yep, definitely time for the crate.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those things that will be funny one day. Well, for you. It's pretty **** funny for me right now. :D
:D:D Yeah I also have thank you for the early morning laugh!! But I agree crates are in order!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Col - I'd have broken the camera if I'd tried - I was soo ticked!

If there is any good news, it's that as long as he's standing on the freezer I don't think he can open it! This is the same brat that know how to open all coolers at our dock - including the one with the handle lock...he just picks it up in his mouth and drops it til it unlocks. Little ****!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Henry gets crazy like that when he is on prednisone. He is so obsessed with food, he will eat anything. Spends his time devising escape plans for trash can raids.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts