Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
because I am hugely proud of myself right now.

I finished my running program today. About 4 or more years ago I was a fairly regular runner, but life changes, and sadly I fell out of it.
I started a program 10 weeks ago and I went from nothing to being able to run 20 minutes straight to 5K.

If you had told me 10 weeks ago, when I was pitifully winded after 5 minutes, that I would be running 5k in a few weeks, well it sounded impossible. But it wasn't! I DID IT!!

I could run 5k for a couple of weeks now, by doing run 10 min, walk 1 min, run 10 min, walk 1 min, run 10 min... but now I can do the whole 5 freaking 5Ks without stopping
once ! :D

I am bursting right now & just had to shout it from the rooftops, so to speak. =)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
T that is amazing!!! Did you notice your body change? Weight loss? Muscle tone? How's your butt look? I have a friend who's a strong runner and her butt is fantastic... well..not that I LOOK but you know... yeah..

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol! I haven't really checked out my butt... putting that on to-do list, though.
I feel fantastic, have loads of energy, have dropped a pant size, and am noticing changes in my body. Things are leaner for sure. I am not dieting, just practicing portion control. I am signing up for a bootcamp, as I know I need to cross train to get the results I am after, which is a healthy size, no bulk, but toned up nice & firm. I wouldn't mind having my pre-baby abs back either. =)

*off to check out butt*

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
oooh - report back on the butt when you can. It all sounds VERY motivating!!!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Excellent work! Must be the shoes.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the motivation, and didn't think I had the time. I kept meaning to do it, but found a million excuses to tell myself why I couldn't. Then I just did it. I had to tell myself to just shut up & run. Once I actaully started and committed to the program, I enjoyed the challenge. Once I started, and met other runners who have full time jobs, long hours, kids, activities... and they manage to make it a priority, I realized the only thing stopping me, was me. Now running is not something I struggle to make time for, it is a priority. My priorities needed some adjusting anyway ;)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
was there a website or a specific program you followed T? I'm really interested!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts