Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents are friends with a retired Marine. He and his wife are taking them to Parris Island tomorrow. I bet that's going to be so cool..i'd love to see something like that!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
My nephew did his boot camp there last year. He loved boot camp, he now hates the Marines. I just hope he gets something out of being in the military. He is going to be deployed in May. :(

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My nephew did his boot camp there last year. He loved boot camp, he now hates the Marines. I just hope he gets something out of being in the military. He is going to be deployed in May. :(
Loved boot camp? I don't think i've ever heard that before =)

My only knowledge of Marines comes from my addiction to NCIS, so it's probably not accurate.. but tell your nephew he could be the next Denozzo if he wants =)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
My brother went through boot at Parris Island. He was one of the very few guys that actually gained weight in boot. He went there looking like a soft mama's boy and came out a MARINE. My sister and I literally did not recognize him after he graduated boot, he had changed so much - and for the better.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Loved boot camp? I don't think i've ever heard that before =)

My only knowledge of Marines comes from my addiction to NCIS, so it's probably not accurate.. but tell your nephew he could be the next Denozzo if he wants =)
Yep, he is very fit. He was a CC runner in HS and a wrestler. He said the yelling didn't bother him.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
How long are they staying in SC? Tell them the college kids will descend on them Friday.....run for cover. Justin and his team leave tomorrow for Hilton Head.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They'll be there til Saturday. After that, they go back to Florida for another 3-4 weeks.

Must be nice, eh? Oh, we'll just take a break from the beach, head to hilton head for a week of golfing and come back to the beach.. wtf? i wanna retire!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
They'll be there til Saturday. After that, they go back to Florida for another 3-4 weeks.

Must be nice, eh? Oh, we'll just take a break from the beach, head to hilton head for a week of golfing and come back to the beach.. wtf? i wanna retire!
I'm sure after raising you they deserve/enjoy every blissful moment!!:D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Get your own Marine! I already put an order in for mine =)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
My grandfather was a rifle instructor at Parris Island long ago. My mom has good memories of living there as a little kid. I'd love to visit someday.

I come from a family of three generations of Marines.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts