Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The carousels are everywhere. As soon as I realized there
were many to be seen, I started snapping pics of them.
This one is just opposite the plaza leading to the Eiffel Tower.

Picture is kinda big, isn't it.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Pretty!

Did the gypsies accost you in that plaza? They were very aggressive when we were there.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty!

Did the gypsies accost you in that plaza? They were very aggressive when we were there.
Oh yes. And at all the other tourist highlights. They are everywhere, really. I QUICKLY learned not to sit on a shallow sidewalk level windowsill to have a smoke... I got the most horrid glances! It's a typical pose of the gypsy. YIKES!

The guides and "natives" have no qualms at all about speaking out loudly to "watch out for the pick-pockets... watch out for the pick-pockets!"

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh yes. And at all the other tourist highlights. They are everywhere, really. I QUICKLY learned not to sit on a shallow sidewalk level windowsill to have a smoke... I got the most horrid glances! It's a typical pose of the gypsy. YIKES!

The guides and "natives" have no qualms at all about speaking out loudly to "watch out for the pick-pockets... watch out for the pick-pockets!"
Oh, I should have loaned you my Buxton over-the-shoulder purse! ;) I use it any time we go to a crowded place and I want to make sure my purse or wallet are not snatched.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Love your pictures.

I learned in Paris and Rome as a teenage to carry my valuable in a pouch around my neck and tucked into my shirt. Even then we were told to safty pin it to your shirt or bra so they couldn't cut the pouch string. They never managed to get into my purse. But I remember we use small pad locks on our back packs to keep them from opening them quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts