Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Eeessh. BTW don't fall for the Simon quitting the show. Just a ploy to get more ratings. Interesting how it was announced day before first show of the season.
Kate said that he is bringing X Factor over here so I believe he is quitting this show. However, I am sure you are right about the ratings part. :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Am I the only one that really doesn't miss Paula. I'm with you Dave- what the heck is up with that, dude just pull your pants up! Tom and I were laughing hysterically at the guy:D

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
My local morning radio guys have been playing that clip all morning. I'll be singing it for a week.

I don't miss Paula at all. It always bugged the crap out of me that she wouldn't ever let Simon finish a sentence. He'd let her talk and then she was always trying to cover his mouth and shut him up. Good riddance to her.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I don't watch Amer Idol, but this info on the pants guy is in the Atlanta paper today:

America became acquainted with Larry Platt Tuesday night, but the "Pants on the Ground" singer has been an Atlanta fixture for years.

The Atlanta man became an overnight Internet sensation among Google trends this morning, "pants on the ground" and "pants on the ground video" were Nos. 2 and 3 on the most-searched terms ("Teddy Pendergrass" was tops).

Platt, who turned 63 a couple of months after last year's Idol audition, calls himself a "four-star general in the civil rights movement." In fact, he had his feet on the ground in the '60s, when he took part in the Selma-to-Montgomery civil rights march.

Platt told the AJC in 2008 that he was shot in the eye as a child and has been attacked by police dogs and suffered beatings in past civil rights efforts.

Platt, who marched with the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. in Selma, talked about his memories during a panel discussion at the Roswell Public Library.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts