Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one for Christmas and kind of chuckled to myself thinking I would NEVER use it.
I have changed my mind. When I am at the grocery store I cruise by the day old bakery breads and if there is anything interesting I buy it (usually for about 90 cents a loaf) and freeze it.
Last night I needed a quick dinner so I did BLTs on a onion and parm. bread. Spread a little lite ranch dressing on the bread instead of mayo. Used a little provolone cheese......the family thought I was a chef;).

It was also awesome using up some of the last of the Christmas ham.
Slap it on any kind of bread and add some kind of cheese.....
Makes a good grilled cheese too for the kids when I need something fast.
I've also used pizza crust and made little individual pizzas.
Anyone else have one and make anything yummy they would like to share?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
How about banana slices and Nutella?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I never thought I'd use one either but now....

I got a Ninja Master Prep for Christmas, and I thought the same thing...I'll never use this. Well, I also got an electric wok. I use the Ninja Master every day to chop up the veggies for the wok (my boys are obsessed with stir-fry right now and since it's full of veggies, I'm not going to deter it any even if stir-fry every night is getting old :p ), and Jason's been making some awesome salsas, and the boys get a yogurt smoothie practically every night after dinner. We use it all the time too! lol

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Flirting will get you everywhere but I still want Kaz to help me :p
I'll do it for a sandwich. That's the price to buy my services for an afternoon. Wait... .oh nevermind.

We used to have a mini Georgie Foreman grill at my old office - I fricken loved that sucker for making sandwiches. My favourite was a cheese bun with honey ham, dijon mustard, mayo, tomatoe and swiss cheese... mmmmmm

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
For those of us with old style foreman grills - if you take the grease tray, turn it upside down and use as a foot rest in the front to level the grill - you now have a panini maker! If you don't level the thing, the cheese runs out....slop...into the tray.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.