Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paddy has always been a leader dog. Not necessarily Alpha, but the leader. With dignity, confidence, nobility and a certain amount of stubborn aloofness.

In his 10-1/2 years, I have seen him accommodate other dogs, show benevolence to the cats, demonstrate skills to humans and animals they may well take heed.

But I have never seen him show such fondness for another animal as he has shown to Seamus (5 years old). Paddy does not seek Seamus for comfort or companionship, rather, Seamus gently offers his respectful attentions to Paddy. Paddy accepts with grace. The gentle face lickings, the heavy head of Seamus on Pad's arthritic spine, the cozying up to one another. It is almost balletic, their physical and emotional relationship.

Hm... I guess that's all... just wanted to put that feeling out there for you guys. I don't write about Pad or Seamus very much. Such goodness is sometimes disintegrated by the written or spoken word, so... shhhhhhhh...

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
He truly deserves "The Noble" title.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Such a nice visualization of them :)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Paddysmom said:
The gentle face lickings, the heavy head of Seamus on Pad's arthritic spine, the cozying up to one another. It is almost balletic, their physical and emotional relationship.
I can just picture this. It certainly puts a smile on my face :)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Brigettas Mom said:
Paddysmom said:
The gentle face lickings, the heavy head of Seamus on Pad's arthritic spine, the cozying up to one another. It is almost balletic, their physical and emotional relationship.
I can just picture this. It certainly puts a smile on my face :)
Me too :) Youre the best PadMan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nancy, I just love your posts. You describe this situations in such a nice andpleasant way...
Everything you write becomes so clear. You must to be a writer.
Anyway, I'm sending to your boys my best wishes and have a nice week end. :D

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I agree, she describes it so well that I can visualize the 2 of them doing this...... what wonderful pals they are...... thanks for sharing....... I too often just sit and watch mine as they softly interact with each other. That's what is so fantastic about having them around..... they take away the days tensions, relax ones soul, and give time to just say "thanks" for being in MY life.

Melissa
;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts