Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the arrival of the tropical heat wave in SE PA this week, I decided to give Lexi a bath over the weekend. With the 90+ degree temperatures, I never thought putting her under the garden hose would be an issue. I always towel dry her afterwards, so it is not like she was soaking wet for very long. I've never experienced any ill effects until this time....

she's developed cold tail syndrome (at least that is what I think it is after reading Labby's website)

:( :(

Would never have expected it with her, since it seems to occur mostly in puppers who actually do what they are bred to do. Lexi is clearly a "retriever by breed, not by practice".

She was really fidgety last night & I attributed it to the heat. Did not dawn on me until this morning that she had not wagged her tail at all & then I took a look at how she was holding her tail. Poor baby must really be hurting, she did not even wag for her pop-pop when he stopped here this morning.

Someone smack a big 'ole MEAN MOMMA button on me!!! :eek:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
sssssssssssssssssssssssMACK!

I hope it didn't hurt too much.

You didn't do it on purpose. None of us want to hurt them. Sometimes stuff happens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Give yourself a break, you probably feel as bad as Lexi does. I hope her tail rights itself soon, I'm sure she doesn't hold it against you. She's probably more upset that you washed off all her lovely doggie smells. :)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
They look so pitiful when they have cold tail. They really want to wag their tails, but it hurts too much. Smooches to Lexi! :)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Nawwww....you are NOT a bad lab momma! It could have happened to anyone.

Hope Lexi is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Who would have thunk it! I can see myself doing the same thing. Give Lexi some loving for me.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's so awfully hot here today, 95 in April near Boston.

I stopped home at lunch and poor Rupert looked terrible. He's definitely getting the sprinkler treatment tonight. Me too probably. We'll play with his chuck-a-duck in the yard and get all misted and cooled off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts