Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several of you have been to the Outer Banks..

I'm trying to plan our holidays for this summer. We were supposed to go out East (New Brunswick and Nova Scotia) but now we aren't sure we want to go back that way. So I'm looking for things around the same driving distance.. And viola- the Outer Banks are the same distance!

Can those who have been tell me a bit more about it? Like where the best area is? What there is to do? anything?

thanks. :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
There are TONS of homes for rent right along the beach. This is the realty company we rented from: http://www.stanwhiterealty.com/

We stayed right on the line between Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Hills. I think those ares and Nags Head just south of them have more "stuff". If you go further north or south, things are quieter, quainter and more peaceful. Although even where we were (in June) it wasn't busy at all. Still nice and peaceful. I'm used to Panama City Beach where it's bumper to bumper traffic to get anywhere.

While we were there we went to:
The Wright Brothers Memorial
Jockey Ridge (a giant sand dune)
Cape Hatteras lighthouse
3 other lighthouses
Roanoke Island (there really wasn't much there "here's a earthen fort where the Lost Colony once was")
Corolla for a wild horse SUV tour
and a ton of restaurants

I think that's about everything we did. I love it there and want to go back soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.