Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It really is! I go out at 5:30 in the morning, as the sun is coming up and the birds are waking up. The air is chilly but the water is toasty, steam bursting up and out, into the bamboo.

There is a cardinal family that lives in the bamboo and we've heard him every single morning outside our bedroom window for years, he's the first one awake in our little bird world. Now I'm right there underneath him as he's waking. It's such a soothing sound.

Best home improvement we've ever done! I highly recommend it. :)

The only picture I took, because Macy was checking it out.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Jealous! I used my friend up at their lake house in Mass and LOVED it! Bet it was chilly in there this morning - 55 at my house at 6 am.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Last wknd in Sea Isle City, after coming back from the beach salty and sandy, it was heaven to use the outside shower and clean up. I even opted to use it after running in the mornings.

LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's about what it was here, Sharon. The water gets so hot though, it's a nice contrast actually. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan, you went to Sea Isle City just for the weekend? What did I miss?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Friends invited us for the July 04 wknd. They have a vacay home there. We left Fri morning and came home Monday afternoon.

It was fantastic. Sat night, we stood on the beach and looked southward and watched the firewords for Avalon. Then turned north and watched the ones for Sea Isle. Ocean City's could be seen in the distance, too, it was THAT clear.

Water was cold. But clean. And the beaches/weather were fantastic.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! Talk about Heaven, Dan!! :) :)

Kel, I'm supposed to be at work by 7 so I have to shower at 5:30. Why, what time do you shower?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Amy, I'm glad you like your outdoor shower! I love mine, but the water's cold! It's great on a hot day when you're mowing or gardening, and the grandkids love playing in it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I work at 8:30.. so i'm usually in the shower around.. oh lets be realistic.. 8am =)

My alarm goes off at 6:45 and my clock is set 10 minutes fast.. none of it works the way i think it should.. i ride the snooze button for over an hour

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I do good to haul my butt into the bathroom 15 feet away in the mornings. No way I could manage to get me and my stuff all the way outside!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love mine, but the water's cold!
Oh no no no no! My husband ran hot & cold, like a regular shower. You should have yours changed!!

My alarm goes off at 6:45 and my clock is set 10 minutes fast..
I do the same thing! LOL The alarm goes off at 5:15, I get my coffee and then go back to bed and watch the news. The clock on the news will say 5:05. Works for me! :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
It really is! I go out at 5:30 in the morning, as the sun is coming up and the birds are waking up. The air is chilly but the water is toasty, steam bursting up and out, into the bamboo.

There is a cardinal family that lives in the bamboo and we've heard him every single morning outside our bedroom window for years, he's the first one awake in our little bird world. Now I'm right there underneath him as he's waking. It's such a soothing sound.

Best home improvement we've ever done! I highly recommend it. :)
If I were still working and used that shower, I'd never make it to work on time. Outdoor showers have a tendency to make me, umm, frisky. ;) The same thing happens with skinny-dipping.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
pictures?

I've never heard of such a thing. I do take a "shower" out at the pool, I even have my shampoo out there, but I just use the garden hose after I get out of the water :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
That sounds awesome Amy! Somehow I don't think an outdoor shower would work too well for me in West Philly - but I will add it to my "one day when we have a house in the country" wish list :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jackie! LOL!
TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI

Linda, you've never seen or used an outdoor shower at a shore house? I think every house at the Jersey shore has one. :)

Picture added in 1st post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts