Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just got home from our weekend skiing. The snow was great and we had a great time. Makenna absolutley loved it! She has already graduated to the beginner slope. I was so excited! My legs were killing me but I HAD TO take her on the lift for the first time and ski down with her. I was very nervous. She did ok and kept saying let me go! The kid has no fear. LOL. She wanted to go again today but we went sledding and went home. She flew down the huge hill. I am beat. Why is it everyone gets to go to bed and I am doing the laundry?

It didn't start out so great... LOL Her boots were hurting her feet.

getting ready for class. The other little girl is her friend we went with their family

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Wow looks like you had a great time, and way to go Makenna! We are going in 3 wks. well everyone but me will be skiing/snowboarding. I usually go snowshoeing with Sammi while they go skiing not this year though, stupid ankle:frown:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Looks like you all had a great time.

I remember in Maine we use to ski for PE.

There was a farmers field that had a good slope right next to the school. He would take down the barb wire fence that kept the cows in during Spring through Fall. They would hook up a tow rope and we would ski all winter.

Everyone in town donated used ski equipment to the school. It was a small school only 2 classes per grade level. I went there in 5th grade.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
And it was snowing! :D Great shots, Pam, so glad Makenna liked it!!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you all had a great time.

I remember in Maine we use to ski for PE.

There was a farmers field that had a good slope right next to the school. He would take down the barb wire fence that kept the cows in during Spring through Fall. They would hook up a tow rope and we would ski all winter.

Everyone in town donated used ski equipment to the school. It was a small school only 2 classes per grade level. I went there in 5th grade.
Now that is a cool gym class!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
That is the age to get the little ones started. My kids started at age 5 and 7 and now, of course, they ski circles around me. She is a real cutie. Glad you posted pics. Looks like a fun weekend.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad Makenna had so much fun. Her face says it all (well except the for boots hurting the feet picture)!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts