Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We FINALLY finished our vegetable garden on Saturday and my body is still sore. We were out there for about 8 hours planting and setting up the fence, all the tilling and everything else was done the past few weekends.
It's about 34 x 18 feet

We planted 24 tomato plants, 4 different kinds, green and red pepper, green beans, cucumbers and 3 kinds of lettuce. There is also an herb section of chives, rosemary parsley and basil.

Oh and my clematis is blooming!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wow Sam, looks great!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we had a spot for a garden.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh, I am so envious!!! I wonder if the landlord would till up the backyard so we could have a garden back there?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
looks great! Its so fun to watch it all grow and come together and then to eat all the yummy vegetables!!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
OK, I'm officially jealous! All my gardening is the container variety since we're in a townhouse.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
It looks great! its sooo rewarding when you get fresh veg etc, we have an allotment and i didnt think id be that interested but i love going down there, sit with the chickens and seeing stuff grow!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Looks great!! Do you can the tomatoes or share them with the neighbors? :)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great!! Do you can the tomatoes or share them with the neighbors? :)
The reason we planted so many is because my mother in law cans them. She cans them whole, also cans sauce and chili sauce.
This is our first time with a vegetable garden so we are very excited and hoping to have lots to give away to friends, co workers etc.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Very nice!!! I'm envious of the fence you have around it - we're always losing half our stuff to the deer and rabbits.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
My tomatoes in buckets are jealous of your awesome garden!

Fresh tomatoes are the best! :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
omg.. i'd have NO CLUE how to even start a garden if i wanted one.. not to mention my fear of bugs would send me over the edge =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts