Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maddy our Springer has been getting sick the past few days, we are feeding her Solid Gold Hund N Flocken and I can't figure out what the problem is. She has been eating it for over a month. When we first switched she got sick but i thought it was a fluke b/c she had eaten grass in the yard and then got sick and was fine for several weeks. This past week she got sick Saturday in the middle of the night, then Monday morning, Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday afternoon. She throws up before she eats and it is all brown liquid...we found it in her crate both afternoons. She has a healthy appetite and seems to be going to the bathroom fine, normal energy levels too. Any ideas? I have vet appt scheduled for tomorrow.

I am feeding our lab the same thing and she is fine.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
She throws up before she eats? That's odd.

I have no idea, but I hope she's OK. :angel:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I think it is really strange too. It has been before she eats and the she keeps her food down. I don't know what the vet will be able to tell me but hopefully we can figure this out.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Maybe try feeding 4 smaller meals per day instead of 2 I've heard some dogs will throw up if they have an empty stomach. Most of the time I hear of them getting sick in the morning but I gues it would apply other times too. Definatley ask the vet though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, she was fine yesterday and today so i canceled the vet appointment, I am going to keep an eye on her and see what happens. I wonder if she processes this food faster than the old food so her stomach is empty sooner.

I will let you know if anything changes, thanks for asking :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Glad to hear it. :)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Emma used to do this so we switched to 3 meals for her instead of 2. She threw up yellowish, foamy bile and I knew it was because her stomach was empty and she needed more, smaller meals. I hope it works for your girl.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I hope Maddy continues to feel well. Molly did that when she was younger. It was yellow foamy stuff. The vet said it sounded like "empty stomach", since it was always around 4-5 in the morning. So we switched to feeding her 3 meals and the last one is at 9 p.m. She hasn't done that since we staretd ging that night feeding.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Yes, Shadow did the same thing. Don't let her go more than 10 hours without food in her tummy. A bedtime snack will help, then break her meals up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts