Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This rain is so bad it has taken out a whole section of the dirt road we live on. My neighbor down at the other end called this morning to give us the heads up. (she is also a coworker of mine at the library)
Jim attempted to get to work another way but the roads have water rushing over them and are on the brink of washing out too..not good. He decided it wasn't worth the risk to try and get to work since the rain is showing no signs of letting up.
I can't imagine what is like on the coast!
Stay safe everyone and remember "turn around, don't drown"

So I am home, not going to risk it either...brewing another pot of coffee and doing some painting and checking in on the forum.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
oh my! that's a lotta rain!

stay safe, and enjoy your coffee drinking/painting :)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I'm glad you two decided to stay home. A woman I knew on another board drowned in California a few years ago when her car got washed away by water coming over the street. IT's just not worth the risk.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I was JUST going to post to you about this weather. I slept SOOOO crappy last night because of the wind and rain. At one point (around 2 am) I looked out the window and the rain was coming down in diagonal sheets! It was whipping all night. My yard is full of branches.

Stay safe to you both, too!!!

What am I hearing about a Nor'Easter?!?!?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Stay safe I'm glad you husband decided to turn around if it's bad now I'm sure it would be worse later when he tried to come home.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I'm glad you guys decided to stay safe, and stay home. It can be really dangerous out there.

I hope you guys have lots of food in the house!! (and toilet paper LOL)

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got food, got TP..have electricity..

all roads are closed out in every direction from my home..can't go anywhere for a while. May not have to work tomorrow either depending on how long the roads are closed.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Molly I'm glad you didn't try to make the drive. How are things in your area now? Did you see the pics from North Hampton Beach?????

Our roads in the immediate area are faring well so far. A couple not too far from here are eroding, but still passable at 3 today. We have three sump pumps running in the basement and one in the garge, but other than that - no trouble.

It might even be shoes-off around here for a few days...

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Tudor was just asking about everyone in the area, I told him of your morning post. Will you be able to get in tomorrow?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Laura, I have been thinking of you all day along with Anne in Maine, Sue/Snicksmom, Sharon/WigWag in NH..as well as many others in the Northeast.
Glad to hear you have electricity, though flooded basement is no fun.
Haven't heard from Anne..bet she is without power.

Things are settling down now but we are supposed to get more rain. As of 5 p.m. there was still no way in or out of the town..the main street in the village I work with is very hard hit (Goffstown) with flooding and the river beyond flood stage and still rising.
I don't have to work until later in the afternoon so I expect I will be able to get there..maybe have to do a few detours..who knows?
Crazy! I think this is worse than last year's Mother's Day storm that was so devastating.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I saw the Goffstown pics on WMUR's site. A lot of the same roads that were washed out last year on the mother's Day storm are washed out again. I'm sure the others will check in soon. I do know there are quite a few without power.

Rt 75 in Milton

Rt 4 - I think near Northwood

North Hampton

Boar's Head

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Stay safe Molly, and everyone else where there is flooding!!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
WOW! That's nuts. We just had some trees down and a little bit of flooding, but nothing near that bad. I heard that NY's governer is asking for Federal Assistance, is that right? :eek: Good luck, and stay safe all of you!

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
darnit...so close to having another day at home...but the 2 roads that can get me to work have opened up so I have to go in. My neighbor/coworker at the other end of my road is still stranded. She has no way out of her driveway.

Should be an interesting ride in. Jim's commute took forever because it was a maze of dead end detours through all sorts of back roads.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts