Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google Earth has recently updated images in our area to late March of 2008. As a result, our home and some of the training waters on our property are now visible.

There's a long white rock driveway from the highway to the house. It's surrounded by 7 acres of lawn and a pond just 40 yards from the house. The rest of the property includes a steel barn and just under 50 acres of pastures with three ponds and two wetlands areas. We had drawn the water levels in the pasture area way down before this image was taken. If you look closely you can see a number of yellow "dots" in the pastures. Those are 5' X 8' round hay bales that had just been baled following the first cutting of the season.

See why the dawgs have such a happy and never ending opportunity to do their retriever stuff?

The next image is five miles North of our home on a 2nd property we own and call the "Wetlands". It is a 56 acre parcel that we bought and developed almost entirely for waterfowl hunting. We do cut hay on the area adjacent to the wetlands 2 or 3 times a year depending on how much rain we get.

In this image we had drawn the water level way down for spring planting. In the bottom center you can see two smaller ponds. They are surrounded by a darker area that appears to be stained (wet). That is the area that we flood in September to an average depth of 12" to 18" before the hunting season after the planted crops have matured.

That is Cappy's and Remi's favorite place in the world ... they get to do what they love the most (except eating) for three + months each year. Hopefully this year Rusty will be able to join them.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
i'm packed and ready to ome and visit! oh, and so are the boys!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Wow! those are clear images. It looks like it was taken from a helicopter. I just checked my part of the world. They haven't updated this end yet.

Your property is every dogs dream. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Your properties are a hunter's and dog's dream. With all of those handy wetlands the birds should love you as well. Great job laying out the properties and fields. Do you get any deer where you are?

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Hey Jim, my husband and I will be moving in soon along with our girls. Hope this is ok, but you really, really have a nice spread and we would like to share it with you. lol:bounce: You have a large piece of heaven on earth! I'm jealous big time!! Do you do the mowing?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Cool images and great pieces of property!!!!! I (heart) Google Earth! Especially after all the updates they have done!
Tell me though, how did you get the actual image into this thread? Left click "copy image location"???????

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You have a large piece of heaven on earth! I'm jealous big time!! Do you do the mowing?
When you're retired and your dawgs become your surrogate kids ... then you can make your own piece of Heaven on Earth as we did. Yes, with the aid of a John Deere 790 tractor and a Husqvarna 23 HP 48" cut riding mower, I mow the lawn over 2 days and about 9 hours total including the trimming.

Mary Jane said:
Tell me though, how did you get the actual image into this thread? Left click "copy image location"???????
Bingo. Saved to My Documents then downloaded those to Photobucket. Even an old fut like me can learn to use the puter! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.