Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Our new rescue Slim...(Warning...pict is hard to look at)

4/3/10 Slim update: the ladies at my clinic love him and he doesn't have mange. His liver levels are really high and he's enemic. Right now he's battling coccidia. Otherwise he's a trooper and will be staying there through the weekend so they can monitor his liver levels.
---------
Slim is a chocolate lab mix....possibly pointer. He was dumped at our local shelter weighing a mere 30 lbs and covered with open sores all over his body. He's terribly sweet. But someone did him wrong and after 3 days of jockeying for him, I finally got him and he's now at my vet's office for the evening.

I think he's like a year old, but they had him listed as 2 or 3. He should easily weigh 70 lbs. He has happy tail and possibly mange. They are running a full blood screen.

It's going to be a long road for Slim, but he deserves better, and he'll get it now. Once he's healthy, he'll be neutered and adopted through our rescue. Should be easy to place this boy.

Just wanted to share.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Oh that poor boy! So glad he is with you Dani. I sure do have a soft spot for those chocolates- cant wait to see his progress.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you for helping this boy. Your rewards will be plentiful...good deeds make their way back to those who do good. Bless his heart, and bless yours as well.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Wow-the cruelty of some people just amazes me. To allow a helpless animal to live like that angers me beyond words. You are a wonderful person for the work that you do with these poor animals. Please update with pics as he heals......and give him a big smooch from me and a couple of chocolate girls I know, Java and Moka.

·
Registered
635 Posts
This just makes my heart hurt. So sad, but so glad he is with someone who cares about him now. A big "WOOF" from Laddie, aka Big Brown.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is horrible, but I am so glad that he has made his way to you. I can't wait to see his progress as he gets healthy.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Seeing him just hurts my heart. How can people be so cruel? I am so glad he is with you now. I know he will be fine.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Good for you! He needs you! I second the request for photos showing us how beautiful he gets after your TLC.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
awww, poor boy. He is past being skinny...looking at his head you can see he has no muscle mass at all. I feel so bad for him.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
That photo breaks my heart. The poor baby. Thank you so much for saving him. Please update us on his progress.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
it amazes me everytime I see something like this, how can people be so cruel? I am so glad that he has a friend in you and that you will be there to see him through the road to recovery. The picture is heart wrenching but i look forward to seeing pictures of his recovery.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
That photo is just stunningly awful. Once again, Dani, thank you for all you do helping these poor animals. I'm looking forward to seeing him blossom into the dog he ought to be.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Some people are just cruddy! Kudos to you for taking him in, I admire that! Keep us updated about his progress, please! :)
I'll keep Slim in my prayers!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts