Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all whats going on with this new layout? Me no likey!

And what a week we have had! Ill just copy and paste what I wrote in Logans blog

January 19th: Logan was taken to hospital with what sounded like a chesty cough. SATS were in the 60's and a secretions sample proved he was RSV positive and it had developed into bronchilitus.

January 20th: Logan got progressively worse and was just worn out. I came home to sleep while Lee stayed the night with him. A phone call at 8.45pm told me Logan had stopped breathing briefly, SAT's dropped to the 30's and he needed intensive care facilities. I raced to the hospital where he was labelled "Critical" and later that night was intubated. CAT's team were ringing round for a bed and one become available at Southampton. They made a 2hr journey to collect Logan who by then was hooked upto a ventilator, monitors and wires. The retreival team then put all their machines onto him and after an hour and half of preparing him for the journey he was ready to go. At 5am Logan was airlifted away to Southampton while we returned home to sort out his brothers.

January 21st: We arrived at Southampton PICU at about 3pm, Logan was on a ventilator and heavily sedated. It was also found he had a water infection. He was having a blood transfusion to help his blood carry oxygen around his body. Slowly over the course of the day he was weaned off the ventilator and on the Friday and Saturday he was put onto Sipap where he was able to breathe for himself with a little help.

On the Sunday he was only on a tiny amount of oxygen and was allowed back to Kings Lynn on the Monday where he finished his antibiotics and was weaned off oxygen. He had a scan on his kidneys which shows his left kidney has reflux and is on antibiotics until further scans can be arranged.

On Thursday 28th January Logan came home :) We had to cancel our holiday to Disneyland but his health was far more important!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Oh my goodness. Thank God he is okay now. I can't imagine how scared you must have been. Little Logan and you and your family are always in my prayers. He's a special little guy.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Wow how terrifying for all of you! So glad your special little guy is feeling better and back home where he should be!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Ohmygoodness. What an ordeal. Poor lil' Logan. He sure is a fighter. I'm glad he is home and doing better!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
OMG! Whan an awful week! I am so glad that he is home, and on the mend. Continuted prayers and good thoughts for your family.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh my gosh, Karen, that is so scary for you all. I can't imagine. Thank God he's OK.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
That brought tears to my eyes, poor Logan going through that, and how scared you must have been. I'm SO glad he's home!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
How frightening. Logan is one strong little boy to fight so hard to get well. Continued prayers for all of you.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone, he just went downhill so quickly but Im so relieved now he is better and home

1 - 20 of 26 Posts