Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woohoo just got off my crutches as of today after school and they said I could start taking short walks and of course I had to take Abby for a walk. It's been nearly two months since I have taken her for one. Sure while I was down and out my dad walked the dogs, but it was just a quick down the street for a potty break then back. So as soon as I got home I got the leash and took her for a 15-20 min walk. Of course since I haven't walked her in so long and my dad doesn't exactly practice the whole loose leash walking thing she started off pulling. After a couple stop and waits she remembered and we had an overall nice walk.

That is until the cat came along (dun dun dun)....

She spotted it and I had to tell her leave it quite a few times and put her in sits and watch me's and eventually we made it past without incident and now were home. Ahh... it felt good to be out walking without my darn crutches.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I was on crutches in the fall for a couple of months so I totally know how good it feels to be off them. Bauer forgot his leash manners while I was on crutches too, but he remembered pretty quickly. Enjoy your walks, but take it easy.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Congratulations on getting off the crutches. I've got 5 more weeks to go, and then back to walk with our labs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts