Just Labradors banner

Our First Senior Test Results

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  georgie 
#1 ·
Well we ran in our first senior today and Amber did great. We had a pretty easy land series and blind then had a water blind first with the gun stations out, the blind was a passing point water with the wind from the live bird station blowing across the line. It was a pretty tough blind that had alot of dogs getting out on the point and getting into real trouble. If you could keep your dog in the water past the point you had a good chance of getting the blind. Alot of handlers were waiting till after there dog turned torward the point before they blew the whistle I blew the whistle as soon as my dog even looked that way and gave an opposite hand back cast as a way of telling her No! 2 0r 3 of those had her convinced that I did not want her on that point..lol. If you got thru the blind then the marks were pretty easy but the honor was tough because the marks were so close and in your face.
I hope I can do as well tomorrow in Senior again.

Kelly and Amber

#2 ·
On Sunday she Q'd in senior too but just barely, we had an ugly memory bird on the land. I didn't line her up for it well and ended sending her back toward the first mark then had to handle her over on it and it was pretty ugly handling. They let me run the blind after that (a water blind) and we did a really good job on that so they asked me back fot the water marks and land blind where we did well. It was a very good weekend. Now we just need two more and I see what we need to train on..

Kelly and Amber

#5 ·
Yes I marshalled senior on Saturday and it went well. I didn't need anyone else and I even ran myself in order..lol. Sunday I was just running a popper gun station and planting a blind on the first series and planting a blind and doing a diversion shot on the second series. Oh and on Friday I built a 50 foot long foot bridge to get over one of the ponds because I know they always run one of the series there and you have to go a long way to get around.

Kelly and Amber

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.