Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MIDDLE SCHOOL! For the love of Pete, how did this happen?

They are having music "try-ons". Not try-OUTS, but try-ons. Every 6th grade student has to be in band, orchestra or choir. Riley would have liked to pick D. None of the above, but he chose band. They have times set up where the kids can come in and "try on" all the instruments - see what they might have a natural aptitude for, which they like better, etc.

We will be lobbying very hard for the trumpet. I don't care if they already have 33 trumpets in a 99 person band. We have a trumpet. I'm not paying for a French horn or a tuba for one year of band! :p

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how Michael and Jared went from nursery school to graduating college *just like that*!

That stinks that they don't supply the instruments when it's a requirement!!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Wow. I think we had a choice between band, choir, or musical theory/appreciation (mostly the bad kids signed up for this one!). I was always a choir geek.

Amy, I don't think most people buy instruments...I think usually you rent them. Kids can grow out of some sized instruments, anyway. I was in the orchestra in 5th grade and we rented my cello.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Go for the triangle! **ting** ...2-3-4... **ting** ...2-3-4... **ting** ...2-3-4...

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you can rent them. Still don't want to have to pay when we have a trumpet. I haven't seen it though. It was Jason's - hopefully it's still acceptable.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We also have my old clarinet, but I know Riley won't go for that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts