Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our boy Buddy. He came to us over a week ago as a rescue. He had Lyme disease, Ehrlichia, Hookworms, and Heartworms when we found him. He has been treated for all but the Heartworms as we have to wait on the meds to get here. He is currently training to be a Therapy Dog to visit nursing homes, hospitals, and Autistic Children in Schools. We are very proud of his progress and will continue to work with him. He is the best free dog I have ever had.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So glad to hear Buddy is doing better!!! Sounds like he found a great home when you guys got him. How awesome to be working to become a therapy dog. He is a beautiful boy...look forward to hearing more about his adventures in the future!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
What a handsome boy he is!!! I'm really happy you found him and gave him a forever home. He will do wonderfully as a therapy dog. Prayers that he gets completely well. Bless you for adopting such a deserving boy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the comments. We went to a local trainer today who put him thru his paces. Ran towards him screaming and waving her arms and he just sat there. Made crazy noises as I walked him around and he ignored her pretty well. He even sat when told to. I was very pleased with day1. Then we went to the local flea market and walked him around. The owner told us that dogs over 20lbs werent allowed until I told him he was a therapy dog in training. He got all excited and told us he was more then welcome and if anyone had a problem send them his way. Buddy walked through the crowds very well. Didnt get scared once. Even let multiple people pet him without any excitment. Then we went fishing at our secret spot and he had a blast.

Best part of our trip was an elderly lady approached us and commented on how pretty he was. I told her she could pet him and buddy sat for her. She got alot of joy from petting him and said he was gonna make alot of people happy. That made me feel awesome, and Buddy enjoyed it as well. Will keep you all up to date on his training.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks...I am a little worried about it. Say some prayers for us please. Having to wait to get the medicine. Something about the company not letting the vets keep it on hand. In other words its about money and my boy has to suffer until it gets here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.